How to approach your Shopify loyalty programme
Do you have a Shopify store? Are you keen to strengthen customer relationships to encourage repeat purchases?
As an ecommerce design agency with decades of experience in crafting customer-centric experiences, here’s our guide to transforming customer loyalty to your brand.
In a nutshell, it involves taking your goals, your customer needs, and the latest technological wizardry and creating a unique loyalty rewards programme for your Shopify store. Here’s how.
Working with leading loyalty software partners
There’s some fantastic Shopify loyalty programme software out there that can help to boost engagement and sales. For example, here at Profound, we partner with all the leading names including:
- Loyalty Lion: This data-driven loyalty and engagement platform helps you gain a better understanding of what drives long-lasting customer relationships and is proven to increase customer lifetime value
- Yotpo: This official Shopify partner helps increase sales with customised rewards campaigns and referrals programmes designed to boost engagement with existing customers and reach new ones
- Growave: This all-in-one marketing platform has the tools to build loyalty and rewards programmes to motivate your shoppers to make repeat purchases and engage more meaningfully with your brand
Start with your customers' needs
“If you’re competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.” Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
With 86% of shoppers willing to pay more for a great customer experience, there’s a clear through line between putting customers at the centre of your business and brand loyalty.
Approach everything through the customer lens and optimise your user experience based on customer evidence.
Putting the customer first means that you can use your customers’ habits and preferences to craft a loyalty programme that genuinely adds value and is personalised to each individual.
This leads to a better experience which results in happier shoppers and the last thing a company needs in a digital age is unhappy customers. To quote Jeff Bezos again, “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.”
Brand loyalty is an ongoing journey
Brand loyalty is an ongoing journey
Unless you know your customers’ needs, your journey to brand loyalty will fall at the first hurdle. That’s why, when we’re working on a Shopify loyalty programme, we work with our clients to understand their brand and discover the needs of their customers.
It’s also important to remain in touch with your customers – via your customer comms and social channels – so you can adapt your programme over time as their needs change. The journey to creating an engaging loyalty programme for Shopify stores doesn’t have a final destination. Think of it as a journey of continuous discovery.
Want to know more about brand loyalty and customer retention?
Then check out these must-read guides:
- Why brand loyalty is a cross-business concern: With 85% of business growth coming from loyal customers, getting your whole business on board with customer loyalty is key. This blog reveals how a unified approach from marketing, sales, customer support, and senior management is the best way to build and maintain customer loyalty.
- How to retain customers in the age of Amazon: With 59% of millennials heading directly to Amazon when they shop online, this article lists the ways in which you can keep customers loyal to your brand, such as making loyalty programmes clear and transparent, providing instant rewards, and rewarding customers for more than just purchases.
If you’re keen to boost brand loyalty with a rewards programme on your Shopify store, we’d love to help. Get in touch to find out more.