Protyre launches new website and sees dramatic increase in ecommerce sales
Protyre is part of Micheldever Group – the fastest growing wholesaler, distributor and retailer of tyres in the UK, selling over six million tyres nationwide, (20 percent of the total UK market) every year. Micheldever Group is part of Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. The Protyre retail chain has 143 tyre centre centres across the UK and continues to grow through new acquisitions. It is one of the largest chains of fast fit and mechanical garages in the UK with a passionate focus on understanding their customers, constantly striving to deliver the very best customer experience and service.
The business has ambitious growth plans and the digital strategy is a key part of that ambition ensuring customers, on any device, can explore tyre options, book a tyre fitting and book an MOT. The previous website did not have a mobile-first design and lacked any built-in personalisation or marketing automation tools. This was hampering website conversions and ecommerce sales.
There were four main challenges to:
- Create a mobile-first design to improve conversion and mobile ranking on Google
- Generate more traffic and revenue
- Mirror the work done offline to make the brand more grown up
- Deploy a platform that could leverage the customer understanding from the marketing database
- Profound would help carefully assess Protyre’s target personas, map out all the user journeys and produce the website structure and creative designs based on solid customer evidence.
- The combination of customer evidence and first class UX design would then be used to inform the technology choice and implementation of a modern CMS with ecommerce functionality.
- Profound would integrate the CMS into Protyre’s CRM, stock and scheduling systems, to provide web visitor personalisation with tyre recommendations for their vehicle based on their car registration.
The solution delivered now helps Protyre to create a frictionless buying experience, where users can also book their car in for an MOT check at the same time.
The modern digital tools mean that Protyre can now use all aspects of an advanced digital platform to help meet their strategic objectives. This ranges from content management to online marketing and ecommerce whilst accommodating quite complex price scenarios across MOT’s for different centres across Protyre estate.
What the client said...
Profound helped us to deliver a first-class result in terms of an e-commerce website re-design, system integration and ongoing optimisation. In its first full month the conversion rate from a mobile device doubled year on year and all objectives were met in spectacular fashion. We also now have a better branded site that gives the consumer added reassurance. With 67 % Revenue Growth, 64 % Profit Growth and 136 % more online Tyre Units sold, we are delighted. Profound has demonstrated great design and technical expertise and, for a business-critical ecommerce site, that combination of skill is invaluable!
Head of Retail
Award winning design
The Protyre.co.uk website relaunch earned multiple awards at the Digital Experience Awards, namely:
- A Gold award for Best User Experience (B2C) – Retail
- A Gold award for Best Digital Team Transformation
- A Bronze award for Best Use of SEO
About the client
Protyre is part of Micheldever Group – the fastest growing wholesaler, distributor and retailer of tyres in the UK, selling over six million tyres nationwide, (20 percent of the total UK market) every year. Micheldever Group is part of Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. The Protyre retail chain has 143 tyre centres across the UK and continues to grow through new acquisitions. It is one of the largest chains of fast fit and mechanical garages in the UK with a passionate focus on understanding their customers, constantly striving to deliver the very best customer experience and service.
More client stories
Creating competitive advantage through digital transformation.
View client story →
LGC Biosearch Technologies
Prioritising experience design in ecommerce transformation.
View client story →
We help digital teams design great experiences, make smart technology choices, and deliver successful digital transformations.