Test Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer who is looking to progress their career and take on a challenging and exciting role within a Digital Agency to help deliver growth in our engineering practice and play a critical role in delivering exceptional digital transformation and change for our clients.
Profound is an award winning digital agency
We design and deliver better digital user experiences – primarily focused on website and ecommerce projects – from UX design to fully integrated CMS platform delivery. Working with major brands across the globe, we operate across a broad range of sectors from FMCG, manufacturing, B2B, technology and construction – helping clients solve marketing and commerce problems, improving user experience and solving complex technical integration and data problems.
With an equal balance of design and development personnel, we all have a passion for delivering the ultimate user experience and this is demonstrated through our award – winning team and our client list pedigree. With a growing reputation for excellence and an increasing number of projects, we are now expanding our team.
About the role
As a Test Automation Engineer, you’ll be focussed across our project deliveries promoting, creating and executing automation frameworks from scratch to capture incidents and catch defects before they have a business impact.
You will be collaborating with a variety of technical teams and stakeholders in the business to relay any issues and ensure a successful project delivery.
The Test Automation Engineer is an exciting and varied role, and is critical to the success of all digital projects delivered by Profound.
On a daily basis the Test Automation Engineer will use skills such as:
- Idea generation
- Problem solving
This role will be a foundational and key addition to our team as we grow our East-Midlands based digital centre of excellence for next generation headless website and ecommerce delivery.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate’s areas of expertise will be a selection of the following:
- Ability to to iterate, innovate, and instigate quality-driven approaches and processes.
- A get up and go attitude as you will have the ability to shape the role yourself.
- Full appreciation of an Agile environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional delivery team.
- Website performance and security testing.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD.
- Experience of designing testing strategies to deliver effective and robust solutions.
- Knowledge of test driven and behaviour driven design.
- Knowledge of code versioning and branching strategies.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge/experience of Cypress.
- Knowledge/experience of Lighthouse.
- Knowledge/experience of Visual Regression testing (Percy/Chromatic).
- Knowledge/experience of JAMStack architecture.
- Previous Digital Agency experience.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant Test Automation engineer experience.
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
- Commercial eCommerce experience.
- BSc or BA degree preferred.
- Opportunities for self-development, working with great Clients and challenging projects
- Up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working environment (including work from home days / remote options)
- Bonuses linked to team and individual achievement.
- Weekly team lunches
- Childcare vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Relaxed and enjoyable working space
- High quality office equipment
Strictly no agencies please