We are looking for a "Rock Star" Technical Architect who is looking to progress their career and take on a challenging and exciting role within a Digital Agency to help deliver growth in our engineering practice and play a critical role in delivering exceptional digital transformation and change for our clients.
We design and deliver better digital user experiences – primarily focused on website and ecommerce projects - from UX design to fully integrated CMS & commerce platform delivery. Working with major brands across the globe, we operate across a broad range of sectors from FMCG, manufacturing, B2B, technology and construction - helping clients solve marketing and commerce problems, improving user experience and solving complex technical integration and data problems.
With an equal balance of design and development personnel, we all have a passion for delivering the ultimate user experience and this is demonstrated through our award - winning team and our client list pedigree. With a growing reputation for excellence and an increasing number of projects, we are now expanding our team.
As a Technical Architect, you'll be key in architecting and driving the technical vision for the solutions that we deliver. This will look like completing high level design phases and subsequently supporting the digital delivery teams architecturally throughout delivery. You will own architectural governance all the way through the technical stack (coding standards, data strategies, infrastructure approach etc) and will also be providing the strategic oversight that everything delivered is repeatable and scalable across the engineering team and clients.
The Technical Architect is an exciting and varied role, and is critical to the success of all digital projects delivered by Profound.
On a daily basis the Technical Architect will use skills such as:
• Leadership and mentoring
• Idea generation
• Problem solving
This role will be a foundational and key addition to our team as we grow our East-Midlands based digital centre of excellence for next generation headless website and ecommerce delivery.
• Commercial experience of architecting medium to complex solutions through to delivery.
• Ability to provide technical leadership in projects to both senior engineers and up to the delivery team.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Experience of defining data standards, modelling, and governance.
• Demonstrable ability to define, improve and promote best practices across the business.
• Comprehensive commercial experience with governing development decisions for delivery.
• Experience in successfully architecting and delivering web-based applications, using composable, headless technologies in a Microservices Architecture and API Mediation.
• Experience in delivering secure applications, architected and built with security best practices in mind.
• Experience of designing, creating and consuming APIs (e.g., GraphQL, REST and SOAP).
• Knowledge/experience of Microservices & Serverless Architectural methodologies and best practices
• Knowledge/experience of JAMStack architecture.
• Experience of designing testing strategies to deliver effective and robust solutions.
• Knowledge of test driven and behaviour driven design.
• Knowledge of testing methodologies including automation, performance, load.
• Knowledge of code versioning and branching strategies.
• Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, with experience of presenting design/architecture to both internal stakeholders and clients right up to C-suite.
• Knowledge/experience of Content Delivery, CMSs & DAMs.
• Knowledge/experience of composable commerce platforms.
• Knowledge/experience of using Azure public cloud and/or Azure services.
• Knowledge/experience of using AWS public cloud and/or AWS services.
• Knowledge/experience of using GCP public cloud and/or GCP services.
• Experience of line management.
• Previous Digital Agency experience.
• 3+ years of relevant Technical Architecture experience.
• 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
• Commercial eCommerce experience.
• BSc or BA degree preferred.
• Opportunities for self-development, working with great Clients and challenging projects.
• Up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Remote working flexibility.
• Flexible working hours.
• Bonuses linked to team and individual achievement.
• Monthly team lunches.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Pension scheme.
• Relaxed and enjoyable working space.
• High quality office equipment.
• Relevant training to help you grow.
• Lunch and learn sessions to expand your knowledge.
Strictly no agencies please