Senior Front-end Engineer
We are looking for an outstanding and creative Senior Front-end Engineer who is looking to progress their career and take on a challenging and exciting role within a Digital Agency delivering new digital projects and supporting existing digital projects.
Profound is an award winning digital agency
We design and deliver better digital user experiences – primarily focused on website and ecommerce projects – from UX design to fully integrated CMS & commerce platform delivery. Working with major brands across the globe, we operate across a broad range of sectors from FMCG, manufacturing, B2B, technology and construction – helping clients solve marketing and commerce problems, improving user experience and solving complex technical integration and data problems.
With an equal balance of design and development personnel, we all have a passion for delivering the ultimate user experience and this is demonstrated through our award – winning team and our client list pedigree. With a growing reputation for excellence and an increasing number of projects, we are now expanding our team.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to support and actively mentor other engineers and will have a key responsibility in ensuring that best practice and governance are carried right through the profound technical delivery. In your role you will be involved in performing code reviews/peer reviews whilst working closely with technical leads, architects to help define and deliver the technical strategy for all the projects you are involved on. Other areas of work will include working with Product Owners and BAs to help refine user stories in the agile backlog, working closely with our expert team of UX Designers to ensure the delivery of clean and innovative UX, taking their digital ideas and bringing them to life on screen.
The Senior Front-end Engineer is an exciting and varied role, and is critical to the success of digital projects.
On a daily basis the Senior Front-end Engineer will use skills such as:
- Leadership and mentoring
- Idea generation
- Problem solving
This role will be a foundational and key addition to our team as we grow our East-Midlands based digital centre of excellence for next generation headless website and ecommerce delivery.
What you'll need to bring
- Previous Digital Agency experience with a demonstrable track record working end-to-end on Digital projects.
- Demonstrable working experience as a Senior Front-end Engineer, ideally with CMS and eCommerce projects.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of HTML and CSS scripting [HTML5, CSS, LESS / SASS].
- Experience of building websites and apps using React.
- Experience of using state management (e.g. Redux, Contexts).
- Experience with Git version control systems.
- Experience of delivering accessible markup conforming to the WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 guidelines
- A can do attitude, working alongside technical leaders and other engineers in the Engineering practice to continually improve our front-end development processes, practices, tools and techniques in-line with advancements and changes in technologies.
- Experience of being comfortable in challenging customer feedback in order to preserve the integrity of the design if they believe a Clients’ feedback to be damaging to the success of the project.
- Exceptional communication including facilitation, presentation and written skills and must have the ability to be pragmatic and drive strong scope management disciplines.
- Good organisational skills and experience of working to deadlines and protecting the overall flow and cadence of a project plan.
- An obsession for QA discipline to ensure all development work meets requirements and client expectations and delivers a great user experience.
- A strong development background coupled with a solid understanding of web technologies.
- A possession of empathy for End Users.
- A strong eye for detail, and a belief that the small details matter.
- An understanding of SEO and accessibility strategies.
Nice to haves
- Experience of working on with the JAMStack architecture, implementing websites and apps across headless technologies and microservice infrastructure.
- Experience of working with GraphQL.
- Knowledge of component libraries such as Storybook.
- Experience of working on Accessible websites an advantage.
- Experience of building sites using static site builder tooling such as GatsbyJS a strong advantage.
- Any experience of building websites and apps using other modern frameworks such as Vue.JS or Angular JS.
- Any exposure to or fullstack experience of Node.JS, Apollo Server would be a great benefit.
Education / professional qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant front-end engineering experience.
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
- Commercial eCommerce experience.
- BSc or BA degree preferred.
- Opportunities for self-development, working with great Clients and challenging projects.
- Up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Remote working flexibility.
- Flexible working hours.
- Bonuses linked to team and individual achievement.
- Monthly team lunches.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Pension scheme.
- Relaxed and enjoyable working space.
- High quality office equipment.
- Relevant training to help you grow.
- Lunch and learn sessions to expand your knowledge.
Strictly no agencies please