Lead Dev Ops Engineer
We are looking for a “Rock Star” Lead DevOps Engineer who is looking to progress their career and take on a challenging and exciting role within the Service Delivery function of a Digital Agency to help deliver efficiencies and stability across the business and to in turn deliver rapid and sustainable digital transformation for our clients.
Profound is an award winning digital agency
We design and deliver better digital user experiences – primarily focused on website and ecommerce projects – from UX design to fully integrated CMS platform delivery. Working with major brands across the globe, we operate across a broad range of sectors from FMCG, manufacturing, B2B, technology and construction – helping clients solve marketing and commerce problems, improving user experience and solving complex technical integration and data problems.
With an equal balance of design and development personnel, we all have a passion for delivering the ultimate user experience and this is demonstrated through our award – winning team and our client list pedigree. With a growing reputation for excellence and an increasing number of projects, we are now expanding our team.
About the role
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you’ll be key in applying DevOps and Cloud Systems engineering practices (CI/CD automation, DevOps processes, environment deployment, infrastructure design, productivity improvements) to clients and providing managed pipelines and support for our development engineers.
The Lead DevOps Engineer is an exciting and varied role, and is critical to the success of all digital projects delivered by Profound.
Working closely with our Development Engineers and Technical Architects, you’ll make sure development work is delivered on time and budget, in line with the technical vision for the project and Profound’s best practices. You’ll own the success of projects as a whole, including offering input and insight to areas other than just the development, and bearing the responsibility of decisions that need to be made.On a daily basis the Lead DevOps Engineer will use skills such as:
- Design and implement controls to ensure safety and accuracy of deliverables, and be able and confident to demonstrate the value of these controls to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the CI/CD toolchain.
- Input into design of, and own the implementation of, cloud infrastructure.
- Identify delivery bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- Own tasks related to site reliability and other infrastructure/pipeline work required to support the Profound engineering team.
- Promoting CI/CD best practices.
- Assisting engineering project teams in enhancing commercial opportunities and mitigating risks.
- Identifying trends and patterns, driving out root causes of complex technical problems, in order to design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Creating and maintaining sufficient levels of documentation for the solutions produced.
- Assist in triaging and solving service issues.
This role will be a foundational and key addition to our team as we grow our digital centre of excellence for next generation headless website and ecommerce delivery.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate’s areas of expertise will be a selection of the following:
- Analytical skills including ability to identify trends and patterns.
- Troubleshooting skills, driving out root causes of technical problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of application lifecycle management.
- Strong understanding of Systems Architecture.
- Experience of config management tooling.
- Strong experience of pipeline tooling (Azure DevOps, BitBucket Pipelines etc..)
- Strong public cloud experience in Azure.
- Experience with using Azure IaaS, Serverless and PaaS services.
- Experience of infra-as-code / config. Terraform / ARM / Pulumi / Cloud Formation
- Hands-on software engineering experience.
- Experience with JAMStack architecture.
- Experience of public clouds AWS or GCP.
- Experience with automated testing pipelines (cypress, lighthouse, percy).
- Experience with Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
Education / professional qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant DevOps / Cloud Systems engineer experience.
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
- Commercial eCommerce experience.
- BSc or BA degree preferred.
- Opportunities for self-development, working with great Clients and challenging projects
- Up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working environment (including work from home days / remote options)
- Bonuses linked to team and individual achievement.
- Weekly team lunches
- Childcare vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Relaxed and enjoyable working space
- High quality office equipment
Strictly no agencies please